You can connect the Studio platform to Google BigQuery using the BigQuery Connector.
For more information regarding data connectors, please refer to the data connector user guide.
Note: If you configured your BigQuery connector prior to May 25th, 2022, please visit this guide to upgrade your BigQuery service account.
BigQuery Connector Form
When adding a BigQuery Data Connector you will be presented with a form enabling you to configure your connector.
To create a BigQuery Connector, fill the following fields:
|Name||An arbitrary name for your data connector.|
|Description||Optional. An arbitrary description for your data connector.|
|Project ID||Your ProjectID from Google Developer Console. For more details see step 2 of the configuration guide.|
|Service Account Key||The JSON file generated from your Service Account in Google Developers Console. For more details see step 8 of the configuration guide.|
With the exception of the Description field, all fields are required.
After all required fields are populated correctly, click Confirm to create a new BigQuery connector.
Follow these steps to create a service account for your BigQuery data connector:
1. Go to your Google Developers Console.
2. Click on the dropdown list to the right of "Google Cloud Platform."
The names and IDs for all the projects you are a member of are displayed.
Copy the ID of the project you wish to connect to, then paste it into the Project ID field.
3. Click on the hamburger menu on the top left of the page, and select IAM & Admin >> Service Accounts.
4. Click the + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT button.
5. Input a Service Account Name and Service Account Description.
Enter any arbitrary name and description (e.g., Studio Data Connector, Connection to query data inside Foursquare Studio).
6. Grant the new service account BigQuery Data Viewer, BigQuery Job User, and BigQuery Read Session User roles. Skip step 3, then click Done.
7. Click on the three dots to the right of the created service account, then select Manage Keys >> Add Key >> Create New Key.
8. In the pop-up dialog, choose
JSON as the key type, click CREATE.
JSONas the key type, click CREATE.
.json key will be automatically generated and downloaded to your desktop. Upload this
.json key in the Connect to BigQuery Dialog in Foursquare Studio.
Updated about 2 months ago