Foursquare’s website (currently foursquare.com), apps and/or developer tools (including a certain set of identified API endpoints set forth here) (collectively, the “Platform”) currently allow owners, organizers, event planners and other authorized managers (“Managers”) of (a) restaurants, hotels, bars, stores, theaters, stadiums and other venues of goods and services (“Venues”) and/or (b) concerts, movies, sporting events, parties, social events and other events (“Events”) to edit and correct their Venue and/or Event details in Foursquare’s database and view analytics on usage of Foursquare’s services at their Venue and/or Event (such offering, collectively, the “Merchant API”).
Foursquare reserves the right to modify or terminate the Merchant API for any reason, without notice, at any time.
In order to claim a Venue or an Event, a Manager must be invited and/or approved by Foursquare and complete the applicable verification process for such Venue or Event to become an “Authorized Venue” or an “Authorized Event,” as applicable, and to access the Merchant API. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind the entity to these Additional Terms. Foursquare may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Merchant API to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. These Additional Terms are void to the extent prohibited by applicable law and the right to access the Merchant API is revoked in such jurisdictions.
If you manage a venue(s) on behalf of your customers:
- You will only manage venues of a customer that:
- Has entered into a binding agreement with you in which the customer explicitly consents to your management of its venue(s);
- Is associated with a Foursquare service user account that is tied to the manager relationship of the applicable verified venue(s) on the Platform; and
- Is the direct manager of the applicable verified venue(s) on the Platform.
- Foursquare will have the right to have a listing of all of your customers and the venues that you manage.
- You will not include functionality that requests or collects any Platform usernames or passwords of the customer.
- You may only access venue data, including "here now" data, for venues you manage, or if you manage venues on behalf of your customers, only for venues that your customers manage.
- You must, at all times, provide to any customer for whose accounts you are accessing through the Merchant API the ability to easily and quickly (no longer than 3 business days after customer notice to you) disassociate their venues from your services and regain exclusive control of their venue accounts.