This page outlines which features are supported in the On-Prem SDK, using the Foursquare Studio product as a reference.
Features that exhibit identical functionality to the Foursquare Studio web application are listed as "Supported." If discrepancies exist between Studio and the On-Prem SDK, they are described in the table.
Features marked as "Excluded" have been intentionally cut from the On-Prem SDK. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- Backend dependent - The On-Prem SDK is designed to integrate with your organization's own back-end services, and as a result, intentionally excludes features that are dependent on Foursquare's Studio cloud services (user identity, cloud storage of maps and data etc).
- Stability concerns - The On-Prem SDK comes with a high degree of stability. Some parts of Studio are evolving rapidly and has not yet become practical to offer these features in the On-Prem SDK. This will of course change over time.
- Vertical Features - A subset of features in Studio are targeting more vertical use cases specific to Foursquare customers and adjacent Foursquare products and services. The On-Prem SDK will remain a general geospatial visualization and analytics platform offering a general-purpose, horizontal feature set.
The On-Prem SDK offers support for CSV, JSON, and GeoJSON file import. In addition, the On-Prem SDK also offers support for Raster and Vector tile import.
Database connectors are not supported by the On-Prem SDK.
|Database Query UI||Excluded|
Maps can be exported via their JSON map configuration, allowing the map to be loaded programmatically. In addition, data can be exported in either CSV or GeoJSON format, regardless of the original dataset's format. Users may also export a PNG image of the current map view.
Animated maps cannot be exported as videos from the On-Prem SDK.
|Map Export||JSON Export|
|Data Export||CSV, GeoJSON Export|
|Image Export||PNG Export|
Most Studio layers are fully supported by the On-Prem SDK.
Several layers that utilize Studio cloud services are excluded from the On-Prem SDK.
|Trip Layer||A limited, basic trip layer is supported|
|Hex Tile Layer||Excluded|
All color scale options are available in the On-Prem SDK.
|Quantile Color Scale||Supported|
|Quantize Color Scale||Supported|
|Linear Color Scale||Supported|
|Ordinal Color Scale||Supported|
|Jenks Natural Break||Supported|
Filters are supported by the On-Prem SDK.
The ability to synchronize timeline filters has been excluded from the On-Prem SDK.
|Sync Timeline Filter||Excluded|
Several analytic offerings are excluded from the On-Prem SDK as they require a number of Studio cloud services.
|Hex Tile Services||Excluded|
The mouse-over tooltip, brush, and coordinate display are available in the On-Prem SDK.
The geocoder has been excluded from the On-Prem SDK as it relies on internet services to transform a user's text-based description to a pair of coordinates.
Charts are supported by the On-Prem SDK.
The On-Prem SDK supports all map view modes available in Studio. Many map styles that are available by default on the standard Studio web application are not available from the On-Prem SDK.
|Base map||Basic map styles and user-provided map styles with custom tile source.|
|Draw Polygon and Filter||Supported|
User and map management is currently not supported by the Studio On-Prem SDK. Asset management is available from Studio's dashboard portal, which is not within the Map SDK's scope.
|Save to Cloud||Excluded|
|Share map with Org||Excluded|
|Replace Dataset (within Studio)||Excluded|
Customization options are available and can be defined based on customer requirements. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Styling (basic theme, background color, buttons, and more)
- Customize the left-hand side panel to hide/unhide docs, help and logos
- Disable panels (layer panel, column panel, drawing controls, and more)
- Inject custom basemap styles
The On-Prem SDK has APIs that provide:
- Analytics and error reporting hooks via event handlers
- Control of user interface customizations
Updated 7 months ago