Enterprise Account Only Feature
The ability to create a Service Account on behalf of your application in order to generate OAuth tokens is only available for Enterprise accounts.
NOTE: Service account level OAuth tokens are valid only for use with the Foursquare Movement Geofence API.
To generate a service account for your project:
- From within your project, on the Project Settings page, in the Service Accounts section, click Generate Service Account.
- In the Generate Service Account modal, provide a Service Account Name to help you identify it later.
- Click the Copy to Clipboard icon to save a copy of your key elsewhere.
- Click Dismiss once your API Key has safely been copied.
DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR API KEY
Key generation will be the only time you can view your API Key. As you will need it for authenticating against Foursquare APIs, you must keep it saved somewhere else. If you lose your API Key, you can always revoke it's access and create a new one.
To remove a service account and it's API Key:
- From within your project, on the Project Settings page, in the Service Accounts section, click on Remove Account next to the token you wish to remove.
- In the Delete Service Account modal, click Revoke Service Account.
Updated 4 months ago