Leanplum is a mobile engagement platform that helps forward-looking brands meet the real-time needs of their customers. Leanplum has partnered with Foursquare to provide real-time event triggering based upon your users’ locations in the physical world, allowing you to harness our powerful geotargeting capabilities and take omni-channel action with Leanplum.
Integrating with Leanplum introduces new location-based engagement, segmentation and personalization:
- Target customers where they're most likely to engage: Utilize accurate location awareness to target notifications to users at places where they are most likely to engage, including at specific retailers, QSRs, or even when they depart from a
- Capture market share from competitors: Trigger targeted messages to your users when they are near or in your competitors’ locations or send personalized offers to customers to keep them loyal to your brand.
- Engage with your users in a more data-centric manner: Segment your mobile users based on their real-world preferences. Pilgrim can segment your users based on visit-derived algorithms to help you know if they are coffee lovers or sports fans. Pilgrim does this by tracking visit patterns to specific venue types and then by assigning ‘personas’ based on the metadata associated with those venues, all of which is actionable within the Leanplum platform.
- Make sure both Leanplum and Pilgrim SDK are properly set up.
- In order to properly map the Leanplum and Foursquare SDKs, you will need to set the same user ID in both systems using the start(withUserId) or setUserId methods in the Leanplum SDK and the
PilgrimUserInfoin the Pilgrim SDK.
- From your Foursquare Pilgrim Console, Enable Third Party Integrations .
- Enter your Leanplum App ID and Client Key located in the Keys & Settings section of your Leanplum account.
- Select the specific visit and geofence fields you wish to send to Leanplum.
- Once done in the Leanplum modal, be sure to save your changes. Once saved, the Pilgrim SDK will automatically track location events and forward them to Leanplum, allowing you to engage with your customers in real time.
- See the Leanplum developer documentation for further integration details.
Updated 3 months ago