- Addressed an issue with a recently released version of Google Play Services (the device side library) which increased the payload sizes of batch location updates and caused issues when processing those in the background.
- Added Pilgrim Journeys , a framework designed to accurately monitor origin-destination movement.
- Added Android 13 support for SDK & Toolkit.
- Added Android 12 support for SDK & Toolkit
- Added work version support for API 31 and targeted API 31 in Toolkit
directionproperties to geofence events
- Included a notice file referencing libraries used and available under Apache 2.0 license
- Fixed a runtime crashed caused by the OS around monitoring for connected network changes.
- Added support for IDFA alternatives via Custom User Data
- Added Location Context to User States
- Add support for exporting Pilgrim data to Amazon S3
- Added support for
disableAdIdentitySharingto prevent device AdId from being sent to Foursquare
- Updated reference docs to 2.4.2.
- Fixes a crash related to a Roboelectric issue regarding their handling of the android OS lifecycle.
- This release brings Pilgrim into full compliance with the latest version of the Android OS (Q/10), and adds support for custom geofence properties, along with several other improvements and fixes.
- Migrated from Android Support libraries to AndroidX
- Pilgrim SDK debugging module migrated to AndroidX
- Android Q support: Background and When In Use location support when targeting API 29
- New Activity Tracking permission request added
- Add custom properties to geofences on the Pilgrim Developer Console
- New safer encryption mechanism used to store data locally
- New live console event debugging support
- Removed deprecated support for Manifest key initialization
- Removed enableLogs, replaced with new behavior live debug logs
- Breaking: Initializing via the content provider is now deprecated and will be removed in the next version
- Added support for arbitrary latitude and longitude geofences
- Added support for polygon-shaped geofences
- Added support for adding geofences via an API
- Geofence events are now more reliable when the device is in Doze
- Add helper to persist userinfo for later sessions
- Play Services has been upgraded to version 16.0.0
- Nearby Venues callback has been deprectated
getCurrentLocationmethod to actively request the current place a device is at
- Added support for user segments
- Added Android O optimizations
- Breaking: Authenticate with Android Hash Key set in your Foursquare App configuration
- Added a debug view
- Added support for geofences at venues, categories or chains
- Added a new support class
PilgrimNotificationTesterto help debug visits from your development environment
- Brings back the PilgrimSdk.with method to optionally remove consumer key and secret in the manifest file
- Fixes a database migration issue when upgrading from multiple versions back.
- Fixes some proguard obfuscation issues
- Adds chain name to payload
- Fixes an issue that showed excessive background wifi scans entry in the Play Store "Android Vitals" dashboard
- Fixed crashes on devices that target Android O
- Mandatory: Added TLS1.2 support for Android versions 4.4 and older
- Breaking: Auto initialize SDK by adding API credentials to the manifest
getCurrentPlace().getLocation()instead, which is equivalent
- Added a
getProbability()method on the venue object which returns the probability that the venue is associated with the visit
- Added additional checkin methods
- Fixes a crash caused by a bug in a small number of devices that called Application#onCreate() more than once.
- Included a workaround for the timestamp bug by getting the timestamp from an alternative system API. This may result in a 1-10% lift in users/visits depending on your app.
otherPossibleVenuesarray will now be included for backfilled visits as well if you have this feature enabled.
- Silenced exceptions around
startService()being called at invalid times when targeting Android O. This will prevent the errors seen in Issue 1 and Issue 3.
- Also, we removed the
PilgrimSdk.with()more than once will result in an
IllegalStateException. Ensure that this call is done exactly once, in your
Application.onCreate(), before you call any other
- Update firebase job dispatcher library to pull in fix for incompatibility between it and Google Play Services 11. Commit. Issue.
-dontoptimizeflag from our consumer proguard configuration so that we don't prevent consumers of the app from optimizing their own apps.
- Bug fix for an issue causing certain older Samsung devices to crash.
- Other minor fixes.
- Bug fixes for issues where backfills could sometimes report an incorrect location type.
- Fix for OOM errors on some newer devices that occur when Pilgrim receives a location with a bad timestamp.
- Fix for a
VerifyErrorduring compilation due to proguard configuration. (https://github.com/robolectric/robolectric/issues/2750)
- Add a
PilgrimSdk#sendConnectedTestNotificationto the API that allows testing your pilgrim configuration and trigger a clientside notification.
- Start logging persistent debug data if
PilgrimSdk#enablePersistentLogsis set to true.
- Create an additional
pilgrimsdk-debuggingartifact that contains prebuilt views for viewing debug logs in app.
- Start depending on and using the Firebase JobDispatcher API to schedule background visits.
- Include wifi signals for more accurate visit detection.
- Fixes issue where the
UserInfouser ID was not being properly sent up.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Adds support for
partnerVenueIdto Venue. This will be populated when you are an approved Venue Harmonizer and will contain your place id for the Foursquare venue if it exists.
- Fixed some possible race conditions when using
- Internal book-keeping updates
Updated 7 months ago