Sales Engineerat Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About This Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team located in or near our New York City office hub. Foursquare’s Enterprise Sales team takes on the challenges of working with the world’s largest companies to leverage Foursquare Places and the power of the Foursquare Movement SDK. We build tools and products that allow employees and clients to derive rich and meaningful insights about the real world.
As a Sales Engineer at Foursquare, you would be responsible for assisting to sell Foursquare’s products and grow our client base with a focus on Enterprise clients. You would be a leader at understanding our customers’ and prospects’ needs, landscape of location technologies and use cases and developing the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment and analysis to clearly define the business objectives and capabilities, and demonstrating how those requirements are supported using Foursquare’s products.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with the Enterprise Sales team during the sales process to assist in developing account/opportunity strategies, planning and execution
- Utilize strong business acumen & technical ability to understand and communicate product/technical requirements and solutions strategy to enterprise customers and prospects.
- Leverage your technical skill by using either SQL, Spark or Scala to query our datasets prepare evaluation samples for prospects.
- Provide customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements and business cases
- Prepare and deliver custom datasets to prospective customers and partners as you communicate the value of Foursquare solutions
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Foursquare’s solution as part of the sales process. Present yourself as a code-native with a “just do it” attitude; although you’re joining a BD team, you’re as technically-minded as any software engineer
- Share a deep understanding of APIs, mobile development, and back-end architecture; you understand the tradeoffs that customers’ engineers make every day and can help them make the best decisions
- Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Account Management, Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering teams
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role or proven success as a technical subject matter expert.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with modern technologies, like SQL, Python, Scala, RESTful APIs, mobile, and cloud platforms
- 3+ years of working within a multi-product, enterprise-focused organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets
- Drive to keep current with technology trends and understand the competitive landscape
- Passion for technology and a love for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver and communicate technical topics to a business audience, and vice versa
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple accounts and projects simultaneously; you are able to juggle many tasks at the same time, while prioritizing and having a sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 20% of the time
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Equipment Setup - you will receive all necessary hardware for your job function
- Professional Development - annual learning stipend for your career development goals
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
- Hybrid Work Schedule for in-person collaboration on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning April 1, 2024
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
The annual total cash compensation range is $150,000- $185,000, however actual salaries can vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies, as well as location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.