Payroll and Benefits Managerat Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the Role:
We are seeking a high performing, data-driven and results-oriented Payroll & Benefits Manager to join our People team located in or near one of our office hubs - New York City, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco - to continue investing deeply in our people. This position will report to our Senior Director, People, and will be responsible for payroll processing, compensation analysis and management of employee benefits.
In this role you’ll
- Execute timely and accurate processing of payroll for approximately 400+ exempt and nonexempt employees both domestically (Workday) and internationally;
- Manage wage payments and tax and compliance through ADP SmartCompliance and work with a dedicated ADP representative on all tax related matters
- Manage 401(k) activities and interact directly with the 401K provider to ensure proper handling of employees’ enrollment, loans, repayments, distributions, rollovers, and payroll contributions. Distribute plan documents and updates as needed
- Process all compliance reporting pertaining to payroll, taxes and benefits including EEOC, 5500, discrimination testing, and more
- Ensure all local, state and federal governmental requirements are met, such as taxes and withholdings. Prepare, review and file quarterly/annual payroll tax reports and W2s and W2c’s
- Respond timely to payroll requests and resolve employee issues, including wage garnishments, EDD questionnaires, verifications of employment
What you’ll need
- Proven experience in a payroll/benefits role with at least 2 years of payroll processing experience in a non-PEO company
- Experience processing payroll and working in Workday
- Deep expertise in 401(K), benefits design, and negotiation
- Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve and communicate observations and recommendations
- A proactive, thoughtful and timely approach to communication, analysis and problem solving
- Ability to to forge great relationships both within and outside the People team
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
- Hybrid Work Schedule for in-person collaboration on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning April 1, 2024
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
The annual total cash compensation range is $76,000-$135,000 however actual salaries can vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies, as well as location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.