Account Executive (Programmatic)at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for an Account Executive to join our team located in or near one of our office hubs - New York City, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco.
The Programmatic Sales Team at Foursquare is responsible for driving awareness, demand and relationships that result in high volume, ongoing usage of our products and services by marketers across their advertising campaigns. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for being a dynamic market facing expert across our programmatic data solutions and enthusiastically selling and or supporting the use of these products across an assigned book of business of mainly marketing and advertising clients at both agencies, media services companies and brands directly. Successful members of the Programmatic Sales Team thrive in high paced roles and love developing and growing strong client relationships by partnering with clients to solve their business challenges and providing superior service.
The Account Executive I role at Foursquare is an entry level position on the sales team that works across agencies, media service companies and brands to support selling activities for advertising campaigns that leverage our Programmatic data products. You will work hand in hand with a FSQ sales group on sales activities directly with clients including a high level of outreach, proactive communication, sales proposals, RFP responses, creative targeting recommendations, and sales presentations. You will become a hands-on expert of Foursquare’s Location Data, UI’s and supporting tools, using them to support outbound sales efforts, as well as demo to and onboard clients.
In this role, you’ll
- Daily client and revenue activities that Includes a high level of proactive outbound to existing clients, as well as prospecting new clients.
- Proactive, timely, professional client communication, follow up and check ins and next steps.
- Develop creative targeting recommendations and light weight proposals for both proactive client outreach as well as responses to client campaign requests, and RFPs.
- Ability to think creatively and suggest strategic, unique solutions that scale to meet clients campaign objectives, and create more revenue for Foursquare.
- Expert user of Foursquare’s Location Tools and UI’s and ability to lead client trainings, enable self service, and answer questions.
- Manage and update opportunities in salesforce.
- Work collaboratively across several groups beyond your sales team, including client success and data operations teams.
What you’ll need
- 1+ of years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- Competent use of Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs and Salesforce. Must be able to learn the use of new tools / platforms quickly.
- Ability to develop stylized, professional client facing materials including targeting descriptions and power point client presentations
- Confidently guide clients, act as trusted advisor for FSQ targeting products providing strategic, well thought through and presented ideas.
- Ability to actively manage time, hit deadlines and set realistic expectations for delivery while managing high output
- Bachelor's Degree with experience at agency, brand, or advertising platform / partner in a client facing capacity preferred.
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Nice to have
- Outgoing, team player that positively contributes to the culture of the high energy Programmatic Sales Team
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Equipment Setup - you will receive all necessary hardware for your job function
- Professional Development - annual learning stipend for your career development goals
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
- Hybrid Work Schedule for in-person collaboration on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning April 1, 2024. For roles considered remote, this will not apply.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
The annual total cash compensation range is $120,000 - $140,000, however actual salaries can vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies, as well as location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.