Staff Product Managerat Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
Learn more at location.foursquare.com
About the Position
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Staff Product Manager (PM) skilled in cross-functional collaboration to join a high-growth company disrupting the geolocation space. The Staff Product Manager will be the steward for user-level data held by Foursquare and will have responsibility for managing privacy and data protection-related initiatives impacting Foursquare’s entire suite of products and services.
In this role, you’ll
- Act as the steward of user-level data by developing and implementing processes to
- improve data quality;
- maintain data accuracy;
- ensure that all use cases are consistent with privacy and data protection obligations; and
- honor the privacy rights of individuals.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with stakeholders from Privacy, Legal, Engineering, Go-To-Market, Marketing, and Communications to implement privacy controls throughout the product organization based on the evolving landscape of data privacy laws at the U.S. state, U.S. federal, and international levels.
- Act as the product lead to inform and guide quick responses to policy changes and challenges across multiple product teams.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to stakeholders and collaborate to resolve escalated issues.
- Drive innovation and integration of Privacy Enhancing Technologies within Foursquare products and services and across the organization.
- Exercise good judgment and balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Stay abreast of risks, trends, and developments in the rapidly changing privacy landscape to support and advance Foursquare’s strong privacy and data protection reputation.
What you’ll need
- At least 5 years in privacy with increasing responsibility, including the demonstrated ability to manage and implement advanced privacy controls and data protection strategies in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of current data protection regulations (including U.S. state privacy laws, EU GDPR, UK GDPR) and ability to adapt to future changes. Familiarity with privacy laws in Asia-Pacific countries is helpful but not mandatory.
- Familiarity with Privacy Enhancing Technologies (i.e., federated learning, differential privacy, homomorphic encryption).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to identify potential issues and devise solutions beforehand.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with proven success in cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Privacy certifications preferred (e.g., IAPP certifications)
Benefits and Perks
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Fit Pass
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.