Corporate Engineerat Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Corporate Engineer to join our team!
About the team: The Corporate IT Engineering team at Foursquare is responsible for building, maintaining, and administering key infrastructure systems and applications that govern access, identity, authentication, automation, and client platforms across the organization. The team works in close partnership with Corporate IT Operations to create unique solutions to unique problems. The entire Corporate IT team (Engineering and Operations) brings together IT professionals with diverse backgrounds to form a mesh of insight, experience, perspective, opportunity, and creativity.
About the role: We are looking for a Corporate Engineer who is experienced in macOS management and understands the fundamentals of building and maintaining a proper MDM solution framework. This person will have the opportunity to use industry standard tools to create entirely new applications, integrations, automations, and systems that will take our fleet management to the next level.
In this role, you’ll
- Develop, maintain, and administer Jamf Pro
- Build integrations between Jamf Pro and other SaaS platforms
- Serve as the escalation point for IT Operations Staff concerning client platform issues and tasks
- Perform integrations and automations that make Foursquare’s end-user Macs easier to use for their day-to-day work
- Build and maintain desktop applications that enhance the Foursquare user experience
- Draft and edit documentation as part of project deliverables and keep it up-to-date with current state
- Represent Corporate Engineering’s Apple platform expertise within Foursquare’s corporate environment
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships with other organizations within Foursquare
- Expand subject mastery by prioritizing continuing education through independent study, educational programs, and conference attendance
What you’ll need
- A driven, curious individual who loves technology
- A deep understanding and experience of macOS in business environments, particularly MDM solutions
- 3-5 years experience with Jamf Pro, Jamf Connect, and Okta (or similar IdP)
- 1-2 years experience with Windows and/or Chromebooks for Business
- 1-2 years experience working with Crowdstrike (or similar endpoint protection)
- Proficient in one or more modern development languages (Ex: Python, Bash, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with APIs to create automation
- Working knowledge of agile project management tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills to both technical and non-technical audiences in a remote environment
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!