Senior Software Engineer - Studio SDKat Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Studio SDK team and play an important role in building out Foursquare SDKs and help grow our ecosystem of integrations. You will build tools that conduct advanced data analysis, enrichment, unification and visualization. You will work independently, provide technical leadership and guidance, demonstrate initiative and professionalism, attention to detail and mentor other engineers.
About the team:
The Studio team at Foursquare is set out to bring the most advanced geospatial technologies to the world that are powerful and easy to use. The team is building an analytics platform for accessing, enriching, analyzing and visualizing geospatial data. Members of the Studio team are authors of a suite of leading open source geospatial technologies - kepler.gl, deck.gl and H3. By joining the team, you will have an opportunity to work with some of the best geospatial engineers in the industry.
In this role you’ll:
- Contribute to our SDK roadmap plans and developments
- Exhibit a passion to create great documentation and experiences for other developers
- Design and build scalable, performant and maintainable services
- Build world-class geospatial data visualization and analytics experiences
- Bridge the gap between design and product implementation
- Work with product and sales to understand customer needs and translate them into engineering projects
- Manage projects design, timelines, test plans and end-to-end production deployments
What you’ll need:
- B.Sc. in a technical field such as computer science
- 5+ years of experience in software development working with production-level code
- Being at ease with technology, able to quickly pick up new platforms and troubleshoot
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python Notebooks
- Experience with API and SDK integrations for various data products
- Experience with spatial indexing systems: H3, S2, Geohash
Our Tech Stack:
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker
- Data stores: SQL and NoSQL
Benefits and perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.