Data Support Managerat Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Team:
The Data Support team ensures Foursquare products have high-quality POI data. Our team is a group of motivated, hard-working associates learning and becoming experts on location data to support our enterprise clients. We focus on data research, analysis, and configuration in order to increase the sources of data ingested and resolve data issues.
About the Position:
We’re seeking a natural problem-solver who is process-oriented, curious, passionate about data, and growing new technologists and data analysts to lead our Data Support team.
As the Manager of the Data Support team, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and supervising a team of Data Support associates. You will be the first point of contact on data quality issues for our POI dataset responsible for triaging and working with Product and Engineering as needed to resolve broad issues and ingest new sources of data.
In this role you’ll:
- Triage incoming data requests working with Support Engineering as needed to clearly define the work requirements
- Hire, train and supervise a team of motivated, hard-working associates
- Identify and test new methods to manage data as technology changes, work with product and engineering as appropriate
- Build out processes for the various types of work in the team, and how the work is divided amongst associated
- Ensure day-to-day work is completed in a timely manner with quality for the team
- Identify training and documentation gaps
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience in technical support or data operations roles
- 2+ years with Excel or Google Sheets
- 1+ year of hiring and supervisory experience, or equivalent experience as a trainer or teaching assistant
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Shell scripting and command-line utilities
- Basic proficiency with SQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (Python, Swift, and Java preferred)
- An understanding of Location/GIS industries and data
Benefits and perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia
- 20 days of paid vacation
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs from individual contributors to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Annual Budget for education, professional growth, etc.
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.